Wednesday 16 March 2011

Learning the Song..

I learnt the song for our music video to make it much more realistic when recording. It worked a lot better when filming because I'd learnt the lyrics to the song and I knew the guitar part. To learn the guitar chords I went on www.ultimate-guitar.com and searched the name of the song and it came up with the chords. The song is incredibly simple In the introduction the chords are G, Bm, Am, D and are the same in the verse. It changes when it gets to the pre-chorus because the chords become Em, D, Em, D, C, D, C, D and then it goes back into the chorus which is the same as the intro and verse (G, Bm, Am, D). To learn the guitar riff at the beginning I just played around the notes in the key of the song (G) and eventually found the order that the notes are played in. I didn't learn the guitar solo so I just played the chords that the rhythm guitarist plays during the solo which are again just G, Bm, Am, D.



No comments:

Post a Comment