Wednesday 19 January 2011

Random Album Cover

I made an album cover for a band on Photoshop. We had to get a random page from Wikipedia to have a name for our band. We had to get a random quotation and use the last 3 or 4 words from the quote to use as an album name. For the cover of our album we had to get a random picture from flickr and use that. We used photoshop to edit it and uploaded it to flickr.

On Photoshop I edited our album artwork to make it look interesting and abstract. The picture I got was of a Sea landscape of which I edited by using a sketch effect on Photoshop. From the image I got I thought the band would be an acoustic/pop band so I used a font to show that. I thought that the band would be an acoustic/pop band because the image I got was a very natural image. It is very simple and theres not too much going on. It's not a picture of somewhere like a rushing city with lots of people but instead its a picture of somewhere that looks quite lonely and isolated.

From this small project I learnt that I need to make the text clearer so it can be read easier. The text is a grey colour on a dark background which makes it look unclear.

No comments:

Post a Comment