Tuesday 5 April 2011

Evaluation Question 1 - Part 2


Picture 1 - I chose "Headbutt" by The King Blues for my first screen shot. The reason I chose this part of the video is because at this point in the song the lead singer sings "I said to all my mates she won't make a monkey out of me" and there is a monkey sitting right next to him which a very literal relation between the lyrics and the video.

Picture 2 - For the second screen shot I chose "Single Ladies" by Beyonce. The reason I chose this video was because I think the record company would want to show that Beyonce is a sexy, beautiful woman and by putting her in this video that's how she's represented. Also she is strong and independent.

Picture 3 - For this screen shot I chose "Yeah" by Usher. The reason I chose this video was because Usher is an R&B artist and R&B artists are always quite slick and well dressed and very good at dancing like Usher is in this video.

Picture 4 - I chose "You're Gonna Lose Us" by The Cribs. The reason I chose this video is because it shows intertextual reference with the television program "The Word". On "The Word" they had performances on the stage that The Cribs were playing on for this music video. Also in the video the song is introduced by the presenter of "The Word" - Terry Christian.

Picture 5 - I chose "Grenade" by Bruno Mars for my fifth screen shot. I chose this shot because at this point in the video the camera is in a car that is driving by and in the frame is Bruno Mars pulling his piano along the street. The camera is from the point of view of someone driving the car.

Picture 6 - I chose "Empire State of Mind" by Jay - Z and Alicia Keys for my sixth screen shot. I chose this shot because the lighting is a simple spotlight on Jay - Z in the middle of performing. It's a really good shot because the viewer can only see the silhouette of Jay - Z and the audience behind him.

Picture 7 - For the seventh screen shot I chose "Runaway" by Devlin and Yasmin. I chose this particular screen shot from the video because the Mis - en - Scene is Devlin standing in a council estate rapping. He is wearing a shirt buttoned up all the way which is the kind of the thing he would wear being a young lad. 

Picture 8 - For the eighth screen shot I used the video that was the main influence on our music video. "Sorry" by Life In Film. I chose this particular shot because it is very similar to the side angle shot of myself singing into the microphone.

Picture 9 - For the ninth screen shot I chose "Supersonic" by Oasis. I chose this because the video is in Black and White like ours. Also Oasis were one of the main influences for us because we chose to do a Britpop song for our music video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment