Wednesday 6 April 2011

Evaluation Question 2


On the top left of this image is the front cover for my digipack. On the top right is my advertisement poster. In the middle is Stephen playing drums. On the bottom left is Nathaniel and bottom right is myself. I think that my digipack and poster goes with the video because the theme for the digipack is football which is the kind of game that three young lads in a britpop band are into. The two pictures towards the bottom are Nathaniel in front of the British flag and myself in front of the british flag. The reason I chose these pictures to compare with my digippack and advertisement is because football is traditionally a British game and we were imitating a britpop band. Also the stereotype of britpop is the "Do It Yourself" style and you can see that.
Rather than having an obvious stylistic link, the combination has more of a cultural link. Britpop is primarily about stories of working class life told by working class musicians. To evoke this idea on the digipak I chose the whole Sunday League football imagery in the style of the comic book "Roy of The Rovers". This is a cultural combination with Britpop because it's very much a young man's game and the comic book is very much a young mans source of entertainment.


No comments:

Post a Comment